Post Graduate Program In Thermal Power Generation
About the Program :
The program is a self study based distance learning program and is aimed to impart overall knowledge in thermal power generation. The program is ideal for professionals seeking specialized certification in thermal power plant engineering.
Professionals from various companies like Adani Power, GMR Energy, Thermax Ltd, Bhushan Steel, KSK Energy, KVK Energy, L&T Power have undergone this program. Also international candidates from countries like Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Kenya have joined this program.
Program mostly covers the training content stated under training & development policy (Indian Electricity Rules, 1981) and aims to improve technical competency in energy engineering. The program covers all important topics related to energy generation like Power Plant Fundamentals, Boiler & Auxiliaries, Steam Turbine & Auxiliaries, Generator & Auxiliaries, Coal handling Plant, Ash Handling Plant, Instrumentation & Control, Power Plant Chemistry.
Who Can Apply?
- Professionals working in Energy Sector: Ideal for.
b. Professionals who are new to energy sector
c. Professionals who havenâ€™t undergone any specialized training in thermal power plant engineering
- Professionals working in other industry like manufacturing, heavy engineering, construction, automobile.
- Diploma/ B.E Graduate Engineers willing to enter energy sector.
- Diploma/ B.E Graduate Engineering students interested in making a career in energy sector.
Highlights of Program
- Designed in line to the syllabus on Thermal Power Generation as stated in Training & Development Policy (Under Indian Electricity Rules 1981)
- Builds overall technical proficiency in Thermal Power Generation
- Audio Video Lecture Series
- Online Examination.
Procedure for Admission:
- Online registration followed by online payment
Eligibility & Selection:
- B.E from a recognized technical board with relevant work experience.
- Diploma from a recognized technical board with relevant work experience.
- Admission is offered on basis of work experience.
Course Commencement Date:
- The objective of the program is to impart formal training to those who were not able to undergo a professional training in thermal power plant engineering. Though the institute provides placement assistance, the placement guarantee is not assured.
- For Indian Nationals â€“ 29214 INR + Service Tax as applicable (Current Service Tax @ 14.5%)
- Foreign Nationals â€“ 45000 INR + Service Tax as applicable (Current Service Tax @ 14.5%)
- (Postage and Packaging extra at actual (w.e.f 25th April 2014)
- One year â€“ Two semesters of six month each. Course material is sent via speed post. Exams are taken online (subject wise).