ABOUTÂ THE COURSE
One year Post Graduation Training program is designed as per mandatory requirement under Training and Development policy (under Indian Electricity Rules, 1981) which states that â€śNo person shall be authorized to operate or undertake maintenance of any part or whole of generating station of capacity 100 MW and above together with the associated sub stations unless he is adequately qualified and has undergone the specified training at a recognized institute. The training for such person is to be arranged in Institute, which is recognized by CEAâ€ť.
Training is held in Nagpur. Training comprises classroom training along with regular plant visits which are conducted at nearby thermal power stations. Classroom training is well supported by computer based training programs and simulator training.
COURSE FEATURE AND BENEFITS
- Highly valued certificate program in Energy Sector (Recognized by Central Electricity Authority, Under Ministry of Power, Govt of India.
- Become eligible for various job profiles – Designing, Project Management, Marketing, Procurement, Erection, Commissioning, Operation & Maintenance, Service Engineering, Energy Manager, Energy Auditor, and Overhauling.
- Become Employable – Above 95% students undergone the training are currently working in the sector
- Excellent Placement Records – 65% students got job through Campus Placement
- Strong Alumni – Get benefit of being a Synergite (Alumni of over 400 Engineers) in our Networking Portal (a platform which brings together employers and job seekers)
- Veteran Management team, experienced core and guest faculty
- Regular Plant Visit, In-plant Training and Simulator Training
|Semester||Duration (Months)||Subject 1||Subject 2||Subject 3||Subject 4||Subject 5||Subject 6|
|First Semester||2||Power Plant Familiarization||Boiler and its Auxiliaries||Turbine and its Auxiliaries||Generator and its Auxiliaries||Electrical System||Balance of Plant: Coal Handling Plant, Ash Handling Plant, Water Treatment Plant, Power Plant Chemistry|
|Second Semester||2||Power Plant Operation – Boiler||Power Plant Operation – Turbine||Simulator Training – 1||Simulator Training – 2||Line Tracing||Power Plant Instrumentation and Control|
|Third Semester||1||Power Plant Maintenance||Power Plant Erection and Commissioning||Power Plant Performance Optimization & Efficiency calculation||Energy Management||Corporate Development Program|
|Fourth Semester||1||AFBC, CFBC, Super Critical Technology||Combined Cycle Power Generation||Nonconventional Energy Resources||Project Work||Power Plant Management|
|Fifth Semester||6||In Plant Training|