Certified Energy Manager® by Association of Energy Engineers
About the course
- “The Most Recognized and Respected Certification in Energy Management.”
- The Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®) certification is the most widely recognized Energy Management certification around the world, with over 14,000 active CEMs. This certification was established in 1981 by the Association of Energy Engineers to meet the growing needs of individuals and organizations wishing to advance their position in the energy efficiency field. It enables them to receive special recognition for their expertise in a variety of specialized areas of the energy, power and green facilities industry
- The CEM® provides a recognizable affirmation of demonstrated competencies in a wide range of energy related principles and practices.it is universally accepted and recognized by a cross-section of institutions both public and private.
- All CEM candidates must have already attained the BEE Energy Manager or Energy Auditor Certification and complete and pass a four-hour written open-book exam, proctored by an approved exam administrator.
- The exam is 130 questions and the exam duration is 4 hours. The new exam will include optional sections. You must bring a hand calculator to the exam since the CEM test does not allow computers, tablets or cell phones to be used for calculations on the test.
- An intensive jobs task analysis was performed for the CEM and a weighted percentage of topics was developed for the CEM Body of Knowledge. Although a specific number of exam questions for each topic will not be provided, as it may change, the number of questions on the exam will align with the content percentages listed in the following CEM Body of Knowledge.
Key advantage of the AEE- CEM
AEE, being the largest association of Energy Engineers in the world has been the most recognized distinction for personnel in the Energy Management Industry. The AEE-CEM course is crafted with experience over several industries and is updated regularly to keep pace with the ever changing technology and trends world over.
Being internationally recognized, it opens doors to international employment as well as with multinationals within India since they give higher credence to this certification. This ensures significantly higher pay scales for AEE-CEMs.
International energy audit opportunities are also presented to AEE-CEMs as this certification is recognized nearly world-over.
AEE-CEMs can become members of the AEE with the first year of membership being complimentary. This helps networking with energy professionals across the world. Through its wide range of seminars, publications and periodic meets, one is also kept abreast of the latest happenings and technology advancements in the field.
AEE CEMS can access the AEE network by becoming a part of the AEE-CEM LinkedIn group and thereby interact with other CEMs world-wide, share experiences and available opportunities.
Energy Vortex is the leading job portal for global opportunities in the energy management space. All AEE-CEMs get unique access to job listings on this portal. They can also avail of other services offered on this portal which include posting ones resume which can be viewed by interested recruiters world over.
Internationally, the demand for energy managers is extremely robust especially in the United States. As per a survey conducted by the AEE, significant percentage of the current force of energy managers are expected to retire within the next 10 years which shall further add to the demand. Further 67% of AEE members surveyed were of the opinion that there is a current shortage of energy managers. Here is a link to the detailed survey